myriad expands the notion of authorship, to explicitly unveil and credit the vast communities of coders, artists, inventors and beloved ones that contribute to artworks in the digital age. Behind all software, which permeates society and supports digital art, are vast groups of people who have built layers upon layers of code written over decades.
re|thread is a collective of software researchers, artists, and designers, in Stockholm. Our work lies at the intersection between software technology, art, interaction design, sonification, and visualization, and focuses on the use of software as the material and medium for artistic creation.
We organize, create and curate myriad. Our work for this project is supported by Konstnärsnämnden, the Swedish Art Grants Committee.
credits for this website
- HTML, invented by Tim Berners-Lee and developed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WHATWG)
- CSS, proposed by Håkon Wium Lie and developed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- Gecko, WebKit and Blink, rendering these pages
- Inconsolata, designed by Raph Levien
- Louise, designed by Luna Delabre and Camille Depalle